Version 2 - post jam updates
Since the original LD40 submission, Deckest Dungeon was featured by Itch.io on Twitter and therefore a “closer to the original version” was in order.
- Vastly improved the UX for the cards
- Implemented an affinities system much closer to the original vision - AKA: The class system: Fighter takes less damage. Druid has a heal bonus with all affinities and a slight damage bonus with spiritual (green). Mage has a large damage bonus with arcane (blue). Druid and Mage do less damage with physical (red).
- Increased the hp of enemies and players to account for the class system but not as much for players
- Added damage jitter to the cards so they don’t always do the exact same damage
- Reduced the amount of healing enemies are able to do
- Made healing much more important for players
- Added “Next Turn” to the UI
- The card deck now starts with an even number of affinities for attack and a few heals
- Fixed any cards where the affinity (color) didn’t match up with the description
- Implemented new high damage tradeoff cards to add depth to the gameplay
- Removed cards that had negative effects but nothing else
- Made card slot background less transparent to show up better
- Balanced gameplay around new cards/gameplay
004.zip Play in browser
Dec 09, 2017
Get Deckest Dungeon
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.